Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
5 months ago
Our client, a reputable and leading distribution centre based in the East Midlands, is looking for an experienced Senior Operations Manager to add to their team on a permanent basis.
Due to growth within the last 12 months, our client is looking to invest in their workforce to ensure they continue to provide innovative solutions to their customers' distribution requirements, whilst also offering a dynamic working culture and continuous development opportunities for their employees.
The Senior Operations Manager will be responsible for the management of all warehousing operations whilst identifying and implementing the most efficient processes and utilisation of resources to reduce costs where sustainable.
The Senior Operations Manager will be responsible for (but not limited to):
* Achieving a high level of service to the customer whilst ensuring the most cost effective methods of operational management are being continuously monitored and put into practice
* Bringing a positive and can-do approach to change management throughout the business to work towards aims and objectives aligning with the business plans for continuous growth
* Holding responsibility for staff resource planning across the warehouse to meet business demands
* Overseeing staff performance and warehouse KPIs
* Managing stocktakes and audits and monitoring assets within the warehouse
* Conducting team briefs to ensure smooth running of all shift patterns across the business
* Overseeing the warehouse security operation to ensure protection of property, equipment and stock
* Ensuring all work activities are conducted in line with working standards legislation to avoid improper conduct and behaviour
* Maintaining positive employee relations and welfare and liaising closely with the HR team when carrying out performance reviews and probationary reviews within set agreed timelines
* Ensuring adherence to company policies at all times
* Contributing towards and achieving annual budgets
The ideal candidate must have the following knowledge and skill set:
* Hold 2 years' minimum experience as an Operations Manager in a similar, fast paced warehousing environment
* A natural leader who can coach and develop a team to achieve and exceed company objectives
* Results orientated and able to drive results from the team through employee engagement
* Customer focused
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
* Open to working shift patterns
This role offers an exciting opportunity to join a growing business, paying a salary of up to £55,000 depending on experience.
Should you have any questions, please get in touch with Amy Mackley or Junead Zaman directly to discuss the position further.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.