Senior Network Engineer
Our client has built a business around successful, focused and fun delivery teams. They believe that to be successful in the IT industry, you have to be smart, disruptive and agile and their team are just that.
They are looking to recruit a Senior Network Engineer with knowledge of end to end connectivity solutions and services, including networking, datacentres, and cloud solutions reporting to the Service Delivery Manager.
You will be part of a highly customer focused team, interacting and liaising constantly with customers, carriers/suppliers, our project managers, sales team and service desk, to deliver and enhance the full lifecycle of our solutions to a number of customers.
Ideal technical skill-set and experience:
* CCIE qualified or equivalent
. Virtualisation/Cloud experience.
* 10-15 years experience in an ISP
* CNA Routing & Switching (required)
* CCNP Data Centre (required)
* CMNA Cisco and Meraki Wi-Fi
* CCIE Security
* Cisco Switches Catalyst and Nexus
* Cisco ASA, FirePOWER
* Network Monitoring Tools (Preferably Castle Rock and PRTG)
* Experience with Cisco VPN systems (including site to site and client to site connectivity), WAN implementation and optimization technology, security standards and best practices, and network trouble shooting, packet captures, and analysis.
* Solid understanding of networking fundamentals and routing protocols, QoS, VoIP, BGP, and EIGRP.
* Have a working knowledge of LAN/WAN/WLAN technology and Firewalls/VPN including dynamic routing protocols (OSPF particularly), next-gen firewalls, DHCP servers, and Load Balancers.
* Other firewall technologies Juniper, Palo Alto, Fortigate, Check Point etc…
* Ideally experience configuring and supporting Cisco network solutions in a service provider environment
* Experience of ethernet and ADSL WAN technologies for Internet access and WAN connectivity * Knowledge of TACAC+, and RADIUS authentication integration
* Working knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems. (desirable)
* Ability to confidently script in either Shell and/or Python. (desirable)
* Ideal personal skill-set and experience:
· Exceptional communication skills, written and oral across all levels (Technical and non technical)
* Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills * A positive, can do attitude, willing to go the extra mile.
* Systematic, disciplined & analytical approach to problem solving.
* Strong time management skills and the ability to balance high quality work standards against time constraints.
Core tasks: This is a key role in the organization, as a Senior Network Engineer the core areas you will be responsible for:
· Designing, building and working with customers to deliver their solutions.
· Support and plan the core Network.
· Mentor and support the other engineers and Service Desk.
· Delivering technical training to NOC engineers.
· Acting as a 3rd/4th line technical escalation point for other engineers.
· Help to introduce Industry best practice to the Network Operations centre and align processes to ITIL framework.
· Implementing changes on live services as per change request process.
· Lead on Problem management investigations.
· Provide new and updated documentation and knowledge articles.
· Respond to incidents and alerts and provide out of hours technical support as required
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.