Search is working in partnership with a large business based in Hertfordshire who are looking to add to their senior leadership team with the appointment of a Senior Management Accountant. The global business is accelerating the growth of their UK business as well as operations in the US and as a result are recruiting to meet the demands of this ambitious growth plan.
The role of the Management Accountant is pivotal to the plans of the business. You will be reporting into the Finance Director and will be responsible in ensuring that weekly and monthly accounts are prepared and reported, you will be assisting and supporting in the production of statutory accounts and developing the financial system: establishing safeguards etc. You will also be providing support on improving costing models. As a Management Accountant you will also be required to prepare capital investment cases and provide financial support to managers and staff.
The ideal candidate will be ACCA/CIMA qualified with a strong background in as a Management Accountant. You will be commercially aware and will be able to demonstrate a proactive approach to stakeholders across the business. You will have strong communication skills and be able to work alongside colleagues in a cohesive way whilst being an independent and intuitive operator. You will have experience working on bespoke project to match the client needs
* Professionally qualified to ACCA or CIMA level
* Has experience in a similar role
* Who is self-sufficient and requires little supervision
* Who has experience of business partnering
* Who has experience of mentoring and guiding less experienced colleagues
* Who is comfortable working flexibly as part of a global finance team
* Preferably experienced with using Access Dimensions
* Monitor costs allocated to capital projects and track expenditure in line with approval
* Prepare annual budgets and continually monitor performance against budget and communicate variances to management
* Maintain accurate financial records to enable the preparation of management accounts, including journals, balance sheet reconciliations and commentary on a timely basis
* Work closely with the Purchasing function to ensure the correct coding of costs and capital expenditure and Ensure costs are captured to meet the requirements of R&D grants
* Liaise with auditors during the annual audit
* Lead process and system development and improvements, identifying and implementing best practice processes to ensure the smooth running of the business going forward
This is a Part time Position - The working hours are flexible and solely dependant on the candidate.
If you think this could be the right job for you, please apply.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.