As Senior Regulatory Counsel, you will be responsible for the following:
- Leading and growing the regulatory team and function, taking ownership of management and career development of your team/
- Setting out the values, cultural direction and objectives of your team.
- Acting as a point of contact with regulators including the FCA, Bank of England, PRA and others. This will include drafting regulatory communications and consultations.
- Producing template legal documents and implementing best regulatory practice.
- Advising the senior leadership team on regulatory aspects that could affect the wider business.
- Horizon scanning and proactively implementing new procedures that could affect the businesses plans.
- Training your team and the wider business on new key regulatory policies.
- Engaging external counsel as appropriate.
- Working on delivering the company's expansion plans by looking at regulatory best practice in international jurisdictions e.g. U.S. and Europe.
You will be the following:
- A qualified solicitor with a practicing certificate in England & Wales (U.S. would also be great!).
- Previously worked for a leading law firm advising clients in the financial services/payments space, or had previous experience working in-house for a financial services/Fintech business.
- Strong leadership skills and managing upwards as well as downwards.
- Experience of managing a team and being accountable to their development.
- At least 5-7 years experience in financial services regulation
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, supporting the Ex-Co regularly.
- Strong knowledge and experience of key regulatory procedures in the financial services and payments industries.
What's on offer:
- Very competitive starting salary (six figures).
- Equity Package (Share Options)
- 10-15% bonus
- Unrivalled flexibility - hybrid/remote model to suit your lifestyle.
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory.
- Very competitive employee benefit and perks scheme - leading the way in the industry!
I am very excited to be working with this client on what is an exciting period of growth. If interested in a confidential chat, please get in touch with Matthew Rowson at .