Role and Client overview;
An award-winning and recognised player in the UK Pensions Industry currently seeks a Senior Investment Consultant to join their highly successful team. The successful applicant will be involved in the growth of the current investment consulting offering and implemented consulting propositions and services, which have expanded significantly in the last few years. This role requires the individual to have established themselves in a Defined Benefit Investment Consultancy.
Reporting to the Head of Actuarial & Investment, the successful applicant will be expected to deliver the following:
- Carrying out investment strategy reviews including conducting asset liability modelling
- Operating as Lead Investment Consultant
- Contribute to innovative approaches to investment strategies for DB Occupational Pension Schemes
- Attend regular client meetings to present portfolio positioning advice, investment strategy reviews and performance reviews
- Engaging in new business activities such as production of tenders, leading new business pitches and responding to new business enquiries
- Managing and providing support to junior colleagues
- Significant and relevant experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable track record of successfully managing a portfolio of investment consultancy clients
- Demonstrable track record of contributing to the successful growth of investment consultancy practices
- Very strong technical investment knowledge
- Very strong awareness of current Defined Benefit investment landscape e.g. regulatory issues, knowledge of asset classes and fund managers
- Creative and analytical approach to solving problems
- The ability to understand what will add value and what will not and the ability to tailor approach as and when required
- Experience of providing investment consulting through an investment platform would be advantageous
- Experience of providing investment consultancy in respect of defined contribution arrangements and experience of fiduciary manager review processes would be advantageous
What's in it for you?
Alongside working for one of the leading players in the UK Pension Industry, you will also be rewarded with a salary of up to £120k (DOE) and have access to an enviable benefits package that includes;
- Pension (up to 7.5% matching)
- 4x Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Flex package (car, dental, cycle to work etc.)
- Applicants MUST hold a professional qualification (CFA / FIA) and also be CF30 registered with the FCA and providing FCA Regulated Advice in your current role.
- Degree, 2.1 or above in a relevant subject
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.