I am working with a leading independent UK pension consultancy who are looking for a Senior Investment Analyst to join their team.
As a Senior Investment Analyst, you would be responsible for running the client on behalf of the Senior Investment Consultants, as well as helping to support and develop the more junior members of the team to meet their career objectives. You won't be giving investment advice in your own right just yet, but will be heavily involved in preparing advice, have client contact and meeting attendance from day one.
- Reviewing/checking investment performance reports.
- Drafting investment advice to address the specific needs of clients
- Assisting with investment manager research.
- Calculating liability projections and analysing actuarial valuation results and cashflow projections.
- Carrying out analysis of investment strategies using deterministic and stochastic techniques
- Miscellaneous actuarial calculations.
- Checking work of others and helping more recent new graduates/colleagues.
- Training and developing junior members of the team.
- General consultancy, dealing with clients', and third parties telephone queries and day to day correspondence.
- Client management, taking responsibility for allocation and completion of work, and meeting deadlines, working directly with senior members of the client teams.
- Attending client meetings and taking an active role where applicable.
- Accurate and timely completion of timesheets and preparing preliminary invoices.
- Knowing which regulations or guidance with which each piece of work must comply, and arranging peer reviews by appropriately qualified persons as necessary.
- Researching new and/or technical topics and reporting back to the team.
- Any other reasonable task as advised from time-to-time
- Have completed or an expectation of completing in the next year the actuarial or CFA exams.
- Prior experience of working in an investment consultancy role for defined benefit pension schemes
- Be a team player.
- IT skills to perform all aspects of work efficiently.
- Developing presentation skills to a small audience.
- Basic professionalism skills.