London Borough of Newham
Full time, Permanent Role Monday-Friday
I am currently looking for a Independent Domestic Violence Advisor / Advocate (IDVA) to join a superb charity organisation. You will be covering the London Borough of Newham borough and you will be working Monday - Friday over 39 hours per week. This is a permanent position offering a salary of up to £29,000pa. Due to the nature of this position we can only accept female applicants.
Within this exciting new position you will responsible for the day to day supervision of the services, you will manage high profile and intensive case work. As a Senior IDSVA you will provide management support and advise to team members helping them develop within their role. You will need to be able to build excellent relationships with your team and be a role model in every decision you make. As a senior IDSVA some of your job duties will include:
* Screen and allocate all non-crime referrals to the BAMER worker and Safety Planner
* Help with access to legal advice, housing needs, tenancy support, support of children and access to learning or employment
* Ensure a seamless service delivery by working closely with other support providers to have a joined up approach to addressing support needs incl. GPs, health visitors, schools, counselling services, housing, the Police and any other agencies
If you're keen to make a move to a place where your personal development is a priority then this is where you should be. From day one you will receive comprehensive training to bring you up to speed and will be welcomed and supported by their experienced team. To be considered for this fantastic a Senior IDSVA role you will need to have:
* Safelives IDVA qualified or willingness to complete
* Knowledge of legal, statutory, regulatory and good practice requirements applicable to the provision of supported housing
* Willingness to mentor pool workers, students and trainees as required across the organisation
This is a great opportunity for an Independent Domestic Violence Advisor / Advocate (IDVA) who is looking to make the next move into their career and progress within a superb service. Some of the benefits of this exciting opportunity include:
* Monday to Friday Hours
* Incredible training and development programmes
* Great bonus schemes and staff incentives
If you want to hear some more information about this superb Senior IDSVA role click apply today!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.