Senior HGV Mechanic
Monday - Friday (Rotating Shift Pattern, including Weekends)
£30,000 - £34,000
- Overtime available - Payed at time & half
- Weekend Overtime available - Payed at double time
- Bank Holiday Pay rate - £102
- £30 Weekend bonus
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Servicing and repair of equipment to MOT standard.
- A high level of understanding of Legal Compliance and standards of Roadworthiness.
- Ensure workshop tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner to the required standard.
- Ability to work unsupervised with a high level of self-motivation.
- Routine & Planned Servicing
- Trailer Repair & Maintenance
- Brake testing trailers as part of
- Ensuring that all paperwork is filled in correctly and in a timely fashion.
- Rectifying defects which may arise in the general running of the fleet of trailers and tractors as and when needed.
- To ensure that Health and Safety is maintained to the highest standards in line not only with HSE standards but also those of the Company.
- To ensure that high standards of housekeeping are carried out both within the maintenance areas and also the steam cleaning bay.
- Presenting vehicles for annual test to an external test centre.
- Qualified vehicle technician, Level 3
- HGV and Trailer maintenance & repair experience
- HGV C+E, Class 1 license (DESIRABLE)
- Experience with working on commercial vehicles, trucks and lorries
- Experience working in a busy workshop environment
- Computer Literate
- Excellent working knowledge of LGV trailer maintenance
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to a high standard
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.