Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
£70000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + Package
I am thrilled to be partnering with a global logistics company on their search for a senior General Manager for one of their biggest sites based in the West Midlands. Reporting directly into the Operations Director the General Manager will be responsible for leading a team of senior operations managers to ensure the safe and efficient operating of the site, ensuring customer SLA's are met.
The General Manager will be responsible for:
* Leading a senior management team across an exceptionally fast paced, JIT operation with indirect responsibility of c1500 employees.
* Lead regular performance reviews with the management team with a focus on profitability and efficiency.
* Ensure the operation is performing to it's full potential and aligned with the company's strategy.
* Manage customer relationships including; key negotiations, major issue resolutions and become the 'go to' person for the customers on site.
* Develop the customer relationships year on year to ensure retention and ensure the site performs to agreed SLA's, promoting continuous improvement at all times.
* Conduct quarterly business reviews with the customers to monitor performance.
* Accountable for the site's performance, delivering on budget, financial results and other KPI's.
* Lead on the site's development plans to promote succession planning, coaching, and training & development of the team.
* Responsible for the P & L of the site.
* Ensure the site has a safety first culture; leading on risk mitigation projects, ensuring H & S risk are analysed and driving continuous improvement year on year.
* Responsible for partnering closely with HR and any unions based on site.
Key skills required for the role:
* Experience managing large scale logistics operations.
* Multi-site management experience would be an advantage.
* Experience leading large teams across a fast paced third party operation.
* Experience within a manufacturing industry would be an advantage.
* MUST have managed a P & L previously.
* Demonstrable experience leading change and promoting CI initiatives across an operation.
* Customer orientated mind-set with the ability to grow and develop customer relationships.
* Strong commercial acumen
* Degree/MA educated (advantage)
This is a permanent role, based in the West Midlands paying up to £72,000 + an extremely competitive package.
Search are exclusively representing this client so please get in touch with Jessica directly to discuss the role further.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.