Financial Reporting Manager - Real Assets, Jersey
The purpose of this position is to account for a varied portfolio of fund structures in conjunction with the Senior Financial Reporting Manager / Associate Director - Accounting.
You will become a key part of an exciting team that provides high quality services to private debt funds. Private debt is a rapidly growing asset class within the alternative assets fund industry and offers the opportunity to work on an interesting mix of deal structures which combine various types of direct lending with elements of equity and real estate. The services include completion of investment acquisitions and disposals, investor transactions, assisting in the arrangement of leverage and financing, coordination of board meetings, investor reporting and communications, financial reporting and client relationship management. The clients are high profile and actively fund raising and investing - providing a great opportunity to increase exposure to see all elements of a fund lifecycle, be involved in complex transactions and also to progress within this business.
* Act as the lead accountant for various fund structures within a team
* Review the bookkeeping for a range of funds, management companies and associated fund structures
* Review all aspects of accounting matters for a limited portfolio of fund structures incorporating investor reports, statutory financial statements and ad-hoc investor queries
* Attend client board meetings and present quarterly financial information
* Manage and review the completion of audit queries
Skills, knowledge, expertise:
* 4+ years post qualification experience supported by a relevant professional qualification (ACCA or ACA)
* Sound technical financial services knowledge (to be supported through the company's Academy)
* Computer literacy, word processing and spreadsheet skills are essential
* People management experience
* They provide training, both in-house for relevant technical knowledge and also professional qualifications to enhance your professional development. You will need to be quick to learn new systems and great with people, as close working relationships between your colleagues and clients is at the heart of what they do.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.