Search Accountancy & Finance have been retained by a city based financial-services organisation to identify a Senior Financial Controller to undertake a newly create role within the Finance team. The successful candidate will work closely with the CFO and leadership team of a £multi-million flagship division that is undergoing a period of international expansion.
As Senior Financial Controller you will be responsible for independently reviewing a number of existing controls and processes to ensure that a 'best-practice' approach is uniformly followed within the division and other areas of the wider business. You will work closely with the Divisional CFO, MD and leadership team to provide high-level assistance and professional guidance for a number of ongoing, business-critical projects.
Duties of the role will include:
- Review of all key existing financial controls in conjunction with the CFO to assess operational effectiveness
- Design, recommend and implement improvements or new measures as and where applicable
- Review divisional balance sheets in conjunction with commercial stakeholders to assess areas of potential risk and potential growth
- Act as finance lead on behalf of the Divisional CFO to ensure various finance policies are adopted and implemented correctly, both in the division and across the wider business
- Work closely with external partners, auditors etc. to ensure full and proper
- documentation of controls, processes etc.
- Acting as finance lead for group-led initiatives and projects involving other divisional finance and commercial teams
- Act as member of the divisional integration team during acquisitions to ensure financial controls are sufficiently strong to minimise risk.
This is a newly-created and high-profile role in an expanding international division. The successful candidate will be a qualified Finance professional (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with proven financial control experience, ideally in a larger, complex business environment. You will be technically strong and capable of high-level, detailed analysis as well as implementation of technically detailed financial reporting measures. Given the high-level of stakeholder management involved, you will need to demonstrate strong communication and influencing skills as you will regularly work with non-finance colleagues. In return our client offers the opportunity to take your career forward by joining an international business that continues to grow around the world and develop new, innovative products.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.