The role is for a well established specialist carpentry & joinery contractor. Since their inception over 40 years ago they are now involved in some of the south-east's most notable projects, working alongside the top tier 1 main contractors on an enviable portfolio of projects. Their ethos is based on team culture and development of their employees, ensuring that teams function cohesively and endorse an inclusive culture; resulting in them receiving numerous industry recognised accreditations and being certified within the top specialist sub contractors in the UK.
Now requiring the expertise of a Senior Estimator / Bid Manager that possesses strong estimating experience within the carpentry & joinery sector. Reporting to the Director, you will be based at their head office in Billingshurst assisting in the growth of the business and responsible for recruiting a more junior estimating member of the team. To provide support to the Contracts and Commercial Directors we are looking for a self-motivated individual to manage themselves in this role. On offer is a competitive salary & package, with a great opportunity to progress to a directorship role in the future.
Duties & responsibilities include:
* Entering tenders received and maintaining Pricing Tender Register.
* Establish Scope of Works and Client Requirements.
* Sourcing material, equipment and labour cost quotations as per client bill of quantities and specifications, Pro-active at providing alternative and cost effective and environmentally friendly alternates to client's specifications.
* Preparing detailed estimates and submitting quotation of works by the client specified dates.
* Assessing the level of risks on a project
* Attending client pre-order & pre-commencement meetings.
* Previous estimating and buying experience essential, ideally within the carpentry & joinery industry
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & Estimating Software.
* Full driving licence.
On offer is a competitive salary & benefits package with a company that offer fantastic progression opportunities and continually invest in their workforce. If you feel that this role suits you skillset and ambitions then please apply.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.