We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer to join the Regional team of one of the UK's leading civil engineering contractors. The main purpose of the role will be to support the Project Manager/Director in the overall implementation of the engineering strategy and framework for the designated project.
The first project you will be assigned to will be an infrastructure scheme for a major development in central Lancashire while your office location, for this and future projects. will be located in north Manchester.
The main duties of the Senior Engineer are to support the implementation of the engineering strategy for the project to which you're assigned. This will involve working with assigned resources, budgets and programmes to ensure smooth delivery whilst contributing to a positive work culture and keeping accurate records whilst maintaining a strong H&S record.
The candidate we're looking to employ will have experience of main contracting coupled with real drive and determination. You will need to provide evidence of:
* Previous substantial engineering experience and a subject matter expert in the discipline of engineering discipline;
* Up-to-date relevant knowledge of engineering and of industry best practice, appropriate to the relevant discipline, and knowledge of what 'good looks like';
* A valid CSCS card;
* Previous management experience within the construction or relevant support services industries, together with a strong understanding of technical issues and trends in the relevant sectors, including specialist markets;
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners and delivery team members under time pressure, and a customer centric, flexible approach.
The following personal qualities and experience are desirable:
* A good understanding of other engineering and construction disciplines is needed, along with a willingness to challenge 'the norm';
* A degree in a relevant engineering discipline and a relevant professional qualification, such as MICE or MIStructE, or having an ONC/HNC;
* Focused and thorough with the appropriate skills to advise senior management when something needs immediate redress together with the tenacity and drive to ensure that the necessary action is taken;
* A desire to continuously pursue innovation and development, with a focus on engineering excellence, the customer and the business;
* An understanding of BIM and how to read and assemble BIM models and produce appropriate reports from them.
This is an outstanding opportunity to progress your career with one of the world's major construction companies. For more information please contact James Ranson.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.