Our client is a Global Leader is Process Chemistry with a World Class Lab and People. Searching for a Senior/Director of Process Chemistry.
A managerial leadership role with the principal purpose of ensuring cross-functional strategic alignment, resource allocation, and complex issue resolution for assigned projects.
- Lead and manage multiple teams in an environment that encourages innovation, teamwork and flexibility and in which members are highly engaged. Participate and contribute to the selection process of new team members and take responsibility for the personal development and performance management of all team members, such that collectively and individually, potential is fully realised.
- Enhance the reputation of company and contribute to business success through the establishment of highly professional relations with clients ensuring that R&D progress is regularly and effectively communicated, their queries are addressed, visits are hosted and that assistance in interpretation of findings of studies is provided to them. Further, participate in and contribute to client visits and quality audits.
- Mentor new starters and junior members of the team in Process Chemistry best practices, including green chemistry principles.
- As a Senior Manager on the site, contribute to the overall management of the department.
- Assist with the general running of the Process Chemistry group by maintaining a good standard of laboratory housekeeping and help with routine tasks.
- The role requires meticulous attention to detail and to oversee all work such that it is conducted strictly in accordance with company Policies, Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Work efficiently utilizing effective project management techniques such that work is carried out in a well-planned and organised way and timely manner.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- PhD/post-doc degree in Organic Chemistry
- 10 years+ experience in the pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical industry
- API manufacture and GMP operations
- People management and running multiple teams
- A demonstrated track record of accomplishment in Process Chemistry, Project management and API manufacture
- A proven track record of solving complex synthetic problems in a timely manner
- Experience with Quality Audits with regulatory agencies and clients.
- Evidence of ability to effectively contribute to multi-disciplinary scientific teams
- Management of teams
- An excellent understanding of Process Chemistry fundamentals
- Mentoring and management of more junior staff
- Project Management skills
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively present high quality scientific reports and findings to colleagues and clients
- Excellent attention to detail and a methodical approach
- Leadership skills
If you are interested or would like to discuss - please get in contact.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.