Senior Design Manager
Tier 1 Main Contractor
Up to £75,000 + Car + Benefits
Summary of Role:
Manage the off site design process on Stage 1 and 2 tenders, commencing at 'RIBA Stage 2 or 3 - Concept or Developed Design', in accordance with the VCUK Design Management processes and procedures.
Manage the on site design process at 'RIBA Stage 4 and 5 - Technical Design and Construction', in accordance with the VCUK Design Management processes and procedures.
Note: in instances where support from an Building Services Manager is unavailable then the Design Manager is responsible for the successful discharge of their Specific Tasks and Responsibilities.
The individual will be taken on to run the design teams for New Covent Garden but may be required to work on other projects at the same time where resource is required to relieve pressure.
New Covent Garden is a very large mixed development .
The candidate will be expected to lead a multi disciplined design team and must be able to command leadership and respect.
Ability to produce and manage design programmes is essential along with a good understand of contractual and commercial matters.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
Tender Stage - Pre Contract
* Review the Tender Information including the Employer's Information Requirements and any existing Design Team appointments and determine the scope and extent of all remaining design work, prior to the Tender Start-up meeting
* Verify that the existing Tender (design) Information is compliant, coordinated, affordable (within the existing budget) and buildable prior to the Tender Settlement meeting
* Determine, in conjunction with the bid team, the strategy for the completion of all remaining design work
* Assess / audit all novated Design Team members and if applicable negotiate any additional services
* Prepare and issue fee enquiries for supplementary Design Team members
* Select and informally appoint supplementary Design Team members for both Pre and Post Contract Stages
* Prepare and issue fee enquiries for any additional survey work and or reports
* Produce and agree the Tender Stage Design Programme and Design Deliverables with the primary, secondary and specialist subcontract designers and monitor / report on progress
* Produce and agree the Project Stage 'draft' Design Programme, Design Deliverables and Specialist sub-contractor Procurement Schedule
* Establish a Common Data Environment (CDE)
* Produce the 'draft' Design Management Plan (DMP) and BIM Execution Plan (BEP)
Project Stage - Post Contract
* Review the Project Information including the Employer's Requirements, Contractor's Proposals and formally appoint the Design Team and consultants and brief the Design Team on their contractual obligations and their corresponding duties
* Agree, in conjunction with the site team, the specialist subcontractor procurement strategy
o Produce and agree the Project Stage Design Programme and associated Design Deliverables with the primary, secondary and specialist subcontract designers and monitor / report on progress
o Produce and agree the Project Stage Specialist sub-contractor Procurement Schedule and Installation/Commission Programme
o Monitor / report on progress to ensure overall progress against programme is maintained
* Establish and agree the project Common Data Environment (CDE), the project file structure, virtual file links, email file links, security rights, work flows and voting rights
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.