Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
2 months ago
Role - Senior Design Engineer
Location - Birmingham
Duration - 12 months Plus
Day Rate £350 - £375 per day (Umbrella - Inside IR35)
I am currently recruiting for a Senior Design Engineer - Structures with a strong heavy civils and bridges background to work for a Tier 1 company on a range of Civils project. Knowledge of Autodesk/Lusas/Superstress experience. RC, Prestress, post-tensioning and steel assessment is a must.
Responsibilities for the Senior Engineer - Structures:
* Leading and planning own projects and task work effectively to a given brief and available
* Producing or overseeing technical documents and reports that meet specified quality and client
* Producing and developing sound & innovative design solutions to meet client requirements.
* Assisting the Structures Design Team Leader with financial and performance reporting both
commercially and client related.
* Successful delivery to Client objectives, to budget and programme on own projects.
* Assisting in the mentoring and development of staff to grow organically and the development of
in-house capabilities, and succession management.
* Ensuring that suitable H&S practices in the bridge inspection/investigation environment are
followed and that the CDM Regulations for project related work are adhered to.
* Preparing necessary IMS documentation under supervision of the Design Team Leader
* Keeping the Structures Design Team Leader apprised of activities.
* Assisting the Structures Design Team Leader in the identification of programme delivery,
resources and budgets for the annual Business Plan.
* Complying with the Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
* Actively promoting Health & Safety and Environmental requirements in the workplace, setting a
good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with general
Health & Safety and Environmental responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety.
Requirements for the Senior Engineer - Structures:
* Degree/HNC & preferably Chartered or Incorporated Civil/Structural Engineer or as a minimum
actively working towards achieving a professional qualification with recognised engineering or
* Ability to work without supervision and with the drive and determination to meet targets.
* Proven project management of highway structures projects or tasks up to £2M and delivery to
programme and budget in a safe environment.
* Developing, mentoring and supervision of Highway Structures staff.
* Design, bridge maintenance and/or contract document preparation to HA procedures.
* To be able to work with or advise key clients on technical issues in the highway structures
sector at a senior level.
* Good communication and report writing skills commensurate with key client expectations.
* Good working knowledge of H&S procedures in the inspection of highway structures and the
* A current UK FULL driving license is essential for the role as site visits will be required.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age