SENIOR DESIGN COORDINATOR
SUSSEX / LONDON BASED
This opportunity is to be part of a market leading internal refurbishment and fit-out subcontractor. With an enviable portfolio of projects and a reputation for being a forward-thinking business, they are currently undergoing an exciting period of growth and change. Their commitment to developing their own workforce and consistently adapting to the market they operate in has resulted in them receiving various industry recognised accreditations.
The evolution of their design department has led to them now requiring the expertise of a Senior Design Coordinator who possesses strong design experience within the sub contractor sector Reporting to the Design Manager, you will be based at their head office working closely with the relevant business units, ensuring designs are robust, cost effective, fit for purpose and delivered on time. Whilst the necessary training will be provided, the role is autonomous and you will be responsible for the complete design aspects of your own projects.
* Provide relevant technical information, including drawings, calculations, submissions, and other documents for presentation to clients, as directed by the Head of Design. Learn and use relevant computer applications where necessary, i.e. Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD.
* Develop an understanding and appreciation of construction drawings and technical terminology. Create a working knowledge of marketplace products and systems available; including industry standards, specifications, and codes of practices, etc.
* Demonstrate a basic commercial awareness of working within design budgets, including project and product cost constraints, traceability of commercial variations and recovery of additional costs.
* Understand and adhere to departmental policies, practices, procedures and standards, whilst working in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
* Technically able to assist in solving site issues
* Produce drawings and related design information at tender stage, pre-start, and during construction on site, assessing on-site requirements during contracts as necessary.
* Communicate effectively with Project Managers & Contract Managers to ensure detailed design programmes are developed for each project at the various stages, as appropriate.
* Lead a contract for design having learnt all systems, procedures and processes
* Adhere to Health and safety policies, according to Company procedures
* Previous experience working in a Design Coordinator/Design Manager role for a sub contractor
* Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
* Knowledge of AutoCAD
* Efficient in the use of design software and Microsoft Office Suite
* Degree qualification in Construction or Design
* Logical and well organised with ability to prioritise
* Able to work alone and in a team
* Presentation skills - written and verbal
On offer is a competitive salary & benefits package with a company that continually invest in their workforce. If you feel that this role suits you skillset and ambitions then please apply.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.