Our client is looking for a Senior Chemist with Oligonucleotide synthesis experience to work in their state of the art labs. The role will be working on multiple projects with a fast paced team.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
In support of business and client requirements, contribute to the overall output of the department through the application of technical knowledge, expertise and skills in operations and manufacturing of labelled compounds.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Product preparation and co-ordination of work in the manufacture of complex labelled compounds in particular Oligonucleotides and other biological molecules.
- Demonstrate a capability to perform all but the most specialised preparations and to actively support the department, the immediate team, and the team leader in technical problem solving.
- Devise safe, effective, and isotope efficient routes for synthesis of required products.
- Address technical problems within the team, and lead and direct with problem solving approaches to ensure resolution.
- Work with and support Quotation Managers with advice and guidance on technical issues occurring during quotation phase.
- Contribute to continuous improvement through active participation in improvement initiatives, constantly reviewing working methods so that preparation reliability and safety standards can be enhanced.
- Maintain accurate experiment and work records and documentation such that quality standards are met and reports of high standard that positively contribute to delivering the services contracted with the client, can be produced.
- Ensure that waste is processed, recorded and transferred according to documented procedures.
- Coach, advise and help the development of less experienced team members and provide training as required for new team members.
- Participate in, and positively contribute to technical discussions and communications with clients in support of Business Development and Manufacturing to support existing projects and potential future projects.
- Perform a supervisory role within the chemistry laboratory, especially with regard to safety and radiation protection.
ADDITIONAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Deputise for the Team Leader/Deputy Team Leader in their absence.
- Assist with the general running of the Chemistry group, and the Site, by maintaining a good standard of laboratory housekeeping and help with routine tasks.
- Ensure that any operating practice or instrument defect, which may affect safety at work, is brought to the attention of management.
- Work efficiently and tidily such that work is carried out in a well-planned and organised way and timely manner.
- Respect the confidentiality of information obtained in the course of duties performed and refrain from disclosing such information without written consent from Management, except where disclosure is required by law or by the order of a Court.
- The role requires meticulous attention to detail and for all work to be conducted strictly in accordance with company Policies and Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Undertake projects or duties as requested by the Associate Director of Chemistry or Team Leader and to support the Team Leader in ensuring the best performance of the business.
- BSc Chemistry or equivalent industrial experience
- PhD or equivalent industrial experience
EXPERIENCE - HIGHLY DESIRABLE
- Experience of radiosynthesis
- >5 years in-house custom synthesis
If you have any interest or want further information - please contact us.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.