Accountable for performing analytical methods and standard operating procedures whilst maintaining a high level of precision with minimal or no supervision. Ensuring that an effective and high quality analytical service is provided to meet reporting deadlines on various types of samples/commodities submitted to the laboratory for analytical evaluation. Ensure full compliance with ISO17025.
- Ensuring a high degree of accuracy and precision is applied to all chemistry procedures and methods and through incorporating and promoting good laboratory practice principles.
- Ensuring that work throughput is followed in accordance to documented methods and procedures and that all quality procedures are adhered to.
- Advising the Deputy Lab Manager of repetitive problems in connection with training and development objectives that manifest during the execution of day-to-day analytical methods and procedures and associated standard operating practices.
- Carrying out all method development and validation within the chemistry lab and implementing fully.
- Ensuring that all methods, including non-accredited methods, are written up and circulated to the relevant personnel.
- Performing staff, method and process audits as and when required.
- Operating all instrumentation within chemistry lab including GCMS, ICPMS, S & CHN Analysers and IC.
- Maintaining records and laboratory data in agreement with the Deputy Lab Manager such that work is clearly and easily auditable and traceable.
- Processing and exporting analytical data unsupervised in preparation of results being checked and authorised prior to reporting. Review of control charts on a daily basis.
- Liaising with IT to develop and implement appropriate worksheets within LIMS.
- Processing analytical data and checking of results prior to reporting and daily review of all control charts.
- Assisting the Deputy Lab Manager in setting out and implementing extended training programmes that will ensure that the post holder is sufficiently well trained to carry out their analytical responsibilities accurately and efficiently.
- Assisting the Deputy Lab Manager in updating the post holders training record at every training milestone, while maintaining competency training records as a record of achievement beyond the initial 12 months training and development. Take full responsibility for own training records.
- Undertaking other duties of an appropriate nature in consultation with the Deputy Lab Manager.
- Providing technical advice and support to the lab staff as required on technical problems.
- Ensuring that all laboratory work areas and work stations are kept clean and tidy.
- Prepared to travel both nationally and internationally if necessary.
- Ensuring that all PPE and health and safety procedures are adhered to, in line with the laboratory code of practise.
- Maintaining a professional standard and appearance at all times during working hours and whilst promoting the company on company business.
- Ensuring that all Laboratory equipment is maintained in a working and calibrated state, organizing maintenance where necessary. And for ensuring equipment is compliant within the guidelines of the UK's 17025 accreditation.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.