Position: Senior Care Assistant
Location: Edinburgh (Morningside area)
Search Consultancy is seeking experienced Senior Care Assistants to work on a permanent basis to provide the highest quality of care and support to our client who has 4 care homes in Edinburgh. The client is looking for Senior Care Assistants to work either days or nights and can offer 30 hours per week however they will require you to be flexible.
The role of a Senior Care Assistant is an important role. You will lead, develop and co-ordinate a team of care workers to provide the highest standards of respect and care. Overall, ensuring the dignity of the clients is maintained at all times. You need to be a good team leader, communicator, listener, to be focused, dedicated and reliable.
Some of your roles & responsibilities as a senior carer will include:
- Assisting with the activities of daily living, personal care and helping with social activities.
- Supervising a team of carers, providing support and assistance as and when needed.
- Complete reviews and assessments on Service Users as and when required.
- Reporting any issues to the management team.
- Complete and maintain records of daily activities, observations, and direct hours of service.
- Ensure service is delivered in accordance with all relevant policies, procedures and practices.
- Carry out duties as assigned by the Registered Manager
Due to the nature of the role, experience in care is essential. You must have the N/SVQ3 in health and social care, or have the equivalent in Health and Social Care, with a medication administration certificate and also hold a PDA (Professional Development Award) in health and social care supervision.(rates of pay will vary depending on qualifications and medication knowledge)
It takes a very special and dedicated person to be a Senior Carer. It is physically and emotionally demanding but with the job satisfaction that you will receive it will make the job worth it. With the qualifications that you have and the experience that you will gain during your time as a senior carer, it will give you good opportunities to climb the career ladder in the care industry.
Please get in touch today to discuss this opportunity further by calling Debbie on 0141 272 7768! Take your career to the next level. (Agy)
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.