A leading provider of facilities management services and one of our most valued clients are looking for a Senior Business Development Manager level person to work out of their Hertfordshire office, with an open geographical range across the United Kingdom. Within this Business Development Manager role the successful candidate will be responsible for prospecting for new business on a contract basis both within new and existing channels, predominantly across Local Authority, Education, Healthcare and Central Government markets.
Reporting to the Customer Director, this senior level Business Development Manager job will provide great autonomy for the successful candidate who has extensive experience within the FM industry and is looking to further develop their career earnings prospects.
The core duties & responsibilities within this position will include (but by no means be limited to):
* Managing full end to end business development including new leads/referrals in, prospecting, strategising/mapping, attending new business meetings, developing networks, and leading on complex bids & proposals
* Schedule meetings with new potential customers to review opportunities and associated information
* Influence leaders within the business around concepts/business issues to a variety of audiences
* Attendance at tender submission interviews, preparation and delivery of presentations to prospective clients
* Understand competitors and carryout analysis 'SWOT' Proposals and Bid Management
* Look after the entire bid stage of tender negotiations, from drafting documents to final handover to the contract manager; includes any direction for the day to day management until completion
* Have a strong awareness of the key strengths business and that of its key internal stakeholders
* Experience of front end sales, business development and placing winning proposals in the FM Sector (minimum required / essential experience)
* Exhibits commercial leadership with the ability to quickly identify risks
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.