Business Development Executive (based in London) - 45k
Established in 2018 following a merger between legacy two firms our client brings over 300 years of legal expertise across 5 locations - Cambridge, London City, London Westminster, Reading and Southampton.
The role has all the benefits of a top 60 firm including interesting work, varied clients and support for professional development. While the clients are at the heart of everything they do, they recognise that life outside of work is important too, which is why they incorporate flexible working and target hours. What really sets them apart is their friendly, open and inclusive culture.
The Business Development team are responsible for identifying, researching and qualifying prospects. They create the target pipeline, develop value propositions, prepare pitches and tenders.
The team provide support to all of our practice departments so this role will involve advising on a range of different areas which provides an interesting variety to the role.
This is very much an advisory role and requires someone who forms a considered opinion and can present their ideas effectively, with the guidance of senior members of the team. Building strong, collaborative internal relationships with key partners, fee earners and other business support teams will be key in this role.
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Working closely with the partners to write practice group business plans and driving the implementation of these plans.
* Develop the sales pipeline within the departments on a one-to-one basis, identifying opportunities for dialogue with each lawyer's 'top targets', cross selling and added value (pipeline/opportunity tracking).
* Proactively track client and industry news and trends, spotting potential revenue generation opportunities and driving the opportunity to its ultimate conclusion.
* Adopt business development best practice. Proactively use a variety of tools to encourage client contact and to help shape conversations.
* Minimum 2 years Business development experience within the professional services market
* Experience working with partners to understand their current market and be able to strategically target new prospects
* Ability to identify potential clients and look to cross sell law offering across several divisions.
London Based - If interested please contact Elliott Wright @ Search (Leeds Office)
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.