Senior Android Developer
This role is for a senior software developer, working within the mobile apps division developing apps on iOS and Android platforms. This role is for a senior member of the team focussing on Android applications, with significant commercial software development experience and skills.
Key duties of the Senior Android Developer:
? Participation as a Senior Developer in a Scrum team
? Provide technical leadership within Scrum team, mentoring junior members
? Designing, developing and implementing new software functionality
? Fixing defects which are found with existing software
? Identifying and implementing appropriate unit testing
? Writing technical documentation for software developed
? Providing input into user interface design
? Contributing to Scrum processes and ceremonies
As a Senior Developer you will understand the architecture and design of specific product suites, being accountable for the architecture and design for complex, critical areas of development. You will also be accountable for the long term impact of architectural changes with respect to future adaptability and maintainability. You will keep abreast of the latest technologies in the market and quickly pick up new technologies as and when required.
Essential skill required:
* Significant experience developing complex mobile apps for Android
* Significant experience with a range of core technologies such as Java and the Android SDK
* Experience designing, implementing and maintaining an Android application codebase
* Familiarity with Gson, Retrofit, OkHttp and/or other mechanisms used for Restful API calls and JSON binding
* Experience in building efficient Android user interfaces to a specification
* Standard Git workflow
* Jenkins or other CI systems
* Significant demonstrated experience with industry best-practices, including Agile methodologies, test driven development and code reviews
* Significant experience architecting, designing and implementing large pieces of reliable, scalable complex software
* Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other developers
If you are an experienced Android developer or Senior Android Developer looking for your next move then get in touch with Simon Allen to discuss this opportunity or any others that may suit.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.