Senior Analyst - Inorganic Chemistry
Search Scientific are currently seeking to recruit a Senior Analyst (Inorganic Chemistry) for an environmental testing company based in Kent.
The company specialise in carrying out analytical services in sectors such as environmental, construction, waste, fuel and engineering industries. They are experts in providing high quality services to UKAS 17025 standards.
The Senior Analyst will play a lead role within the Inorganic Department and will use a range of analytical techniques and equipment including ICP-MS, ICP-OES and TOC analysers to test soil and other environmental samples to determine the content of metals, nitrates, carbon and more.
* Analytical method development
* Carry out analysis of environmental samples using ICP-MS, ICP-OES and TOC analysers
* Ensure all work is carried out inline with UKAS 17025 standards as well as company quality and H&S policies
* Plan sample analysis workload to ensure deadlines for delivery are met
* Maintain the lab's QMS with up-to-date documentation
* Maintain instrumentation including carrying out basic repairs and troubleshooting to minimise downtime
* Prepare reference samples for calibration
* Experience working to UKAS standards for environmental, biological, forensics, chemical testing or calibration
* Bachelors degree, HNC or similar level qualification in Chemistry or other related discipline
* Experience of ICP-MS and/or ICP-OES (2-3 years desirable)
* Ability to work to tight timescales
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.