I am currently recruiting for a Senior Accounting Supervisor for a client based in Greenock. Our client is looking for the successful candidate to start immediately on a 6 month temporary contract.
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Reconcile a large number of bank reconciliations to support the service delivered to the Business Units on a monthly basis.
- Monthly reconciliation of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Commission and Trade recs associated with the numerous business units.
- Investigate old reconciling items and help improve the reconciliations status.
- Work and develop an understanding of the operational processes and how these impact upon the business units and reconciliations.
- Provide support to Internal and External Audit Develop systems understanding of AUTOREK, our reconciliations tool and the Oracle General Ledger system Prepare journals and work with line accountants to ensure these are appropriately approved and posted on a timely basis Report generation from on line banking systems and Oracle ledgers Liaise with IT teams in resolving any data integrity issues relating to AUTOREK.
- Involvement in system setup for new products and entities, working with Finance Systems, Line Accountants and IT teams ensuring all Finance requirements are captured.
- Working with Finance Systems and various IT teams creating and tracking system change requests and enhancement requests.
Skills & Experience Required;
- Experience of managing and motivating a team in a fast paced environment.
- Experience of high volume reconciliations/ payment processes, preferably within a multi-currency environment Comprehensive accounting knowledge with strong understanding of double entry book keeping Experience in Oracle R12 or any reconciliation system would be advantageous.
- Ability to write Crystal reports and excel macros would be desirable but not essential Involvement in systems change projects.
- Strong stakeholder and business partnering experience.
If this is an opportunity that you are interested in, please click apply and I will contact you with in due course.