SEND Case Officer Assistant
£13.06 per hour
Search Consultancy is currently recruiting for a SEND Case Officer Assistant on a temporary contract, on behalf of a Client. The role is working Full time hours - 9am - 5pm
Responsibilities of the role:
* To assist the Education Officers, SEND in the co-ordination of the statutory assessment process for pupils with SEND ensuring that they are supported in mainstream environments wherever possible and appropriate in accordance with the SEN Code of Practice 2015, the City Council's SEND Strategy and the graduated approach to meeting SEN.
* To work within all statutory timescales relevant to each stage of the statutory assessment process.
* To assist Education Officers in the drafting of EHC plans, ensuring that they contain SMART outcomes and are written in clear and concise language.
* To amend EHC plans under the direction of the Education Officers as a result of changes required following annual reviews, changes in placement etc.
* To ensure that parents/carers and children and young people are at the centre of all planning and review.
* To ensure that children and young people attend maintained schools in Liverpool wherever possible and appropriate in accordance with the SEN Code of Practice 2015 and that every possible effort is made to support them within the City.
* To liaise closely with partners, in particular Social Care and Health in the carrying out of an EHC assessment.
* To support parents and carers in consideration of whether they wish to request a Personal Education budget for a child or young person with an EHC plan and to advise them of the process involved in such considerations.
* To keep up to date with all changes in SEND legislation, policy and guidance.
* To advise parents on all aspects of the EHC assessment process.
* To attend annual review meetings.
* To ensure that when placing a child, the options appraisal process is rigorously followed and that Value for Money principles are applied.
* To liaise with schools, head teachers, governing bodies and other professionals within Children's Services and partner agencies on all aspects of the statutory assessment process.
* To collaborate closely with internal partners and external agencies on all aspects of the EHC assessment and placement process.
* To assist in the preparation in the allocation of special school places for September 2019.
* To attend all relevant panel meetings as requested by the Education Officers.
* To lead or contribute to project management / development within the service.
* To contribute towards the development of policy and procedures in relevant areas of the Service's work.
* To work closely with the Education Officers on all aspects of dispute resolution including any follow-up actions.
* To undertake any other professional duties which fall within the remit of the post as identified by, and agreed with, the Senior Education Assistant Manager.
* To develop the City Council's commitment to equal opportunities and to promote non-discriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken
To be considered for this role you must be:
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS
Please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 0161 835 8772 for further details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age