Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Bury, Greater Manchester
about 1 year ago
£19 per hour
Search Consultancy is currently recruiting for a SEN Caseworker on a temporary contract, on behalf of a Client. The role is working Full time hours - 9am - 5pm
Responsibilities of the role:
* To manage a caseload of children and young people (0-25 years) who have SEND and require an EHC needs assessment or an Education, Health and Care Plan - supporting them to achieve the best possible outcomes
* To ensure that the statutory Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessment of children and young people is carried out within the framework of the Children & Families Act 2014 and the SEND Code of Practice 2015 and within the prescribed timescales
* To produce high quality Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans for children and young people from 0-25, ensuring compliance with the Children and Families Act 2014, the Equality Act 2010 and the SEND Code of Practice 2015
* To support parents, young people, EY settings, schools, colleges, social care and health colleagues to develop SMART outcomes for children and young people leading to appropriate preparing for adulthood pathways
* To ensure that the voice of the child and young person and parent is central to the assessment, planning and review process using person centred planning and co-production practices Attendance at reviews where required to ensure that children and young people's needs, outcomes and provision are clearly identified and relevant to support the child or young people to achieve the best possible outcomes
* To ensure that EHCPs are updated following a review within the statutory timelines.
* To guiding settings and parents and young people to the right provision a SEN Support level - signposting to the Local Offer and other services which support early intervention
* To support parents and young people with good quality information on the EHCP process and sign post to others including SENDIASS/Parents forum if parents require more specific information and support
* To provide good quality information and support to parents, young people, partners and stakeholders in relation to EHCP processes and decision making
To be considered for this role you must be:
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS
Please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age