Legal Secretary /Office Manager - Canterbury - Full Time Permanent Position
£20k - £21,500pa
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a strong PI/Clin Neg Legal Secretary / Office Manager to join this busy, well established law firm in Canterbury.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide full secretarial support to the Director and team; arranging appointments, dealing with client queries in person and by phone, preparation of correspondence and documents by audio typing using the digital dictation system;
* Filing, photocopying and opening/closing client files in a timely manner;
* Regular review of client files; liaising with Director on action required;
* Maintain Director's diary and diary notes and report on these as necessary;
* Liaise with HR Manager to arrange secretarial cover for holiday/sickness when essential;
* Maintain and submit attendance schedule on a monthly basis;
* Assist where possible with minor staff problems; escalating as necessary;
* Liaise with the Facilities Manager with regard to maintenance, office furniture requirements, health and safety issues etc.;
* Report system problems to IT Manager, office cleaning contractor and printer engineers arranging service/support as necessary;
* Introduction of new staff to co-workers and office procedures (health and safety, post, DX etc.)
* Maintain petty cash float;
* Liaise with Landlords in relation to fire drills, weekly alarm tests, building maintenance issues etc.
What you'll need:
* Previous PI/Clin Neg experience
* Good Audio typing skills
* Confident user of MS Office
* Bighand Digital dictation
* Compliance with the firm's accounts and administrative disciplines and procedures.
* Agree clear objectives linked to the Firm's business plan and participate in the performance management system, assessing performance and giving feedback as relevant.
* To maintain the standards required to continually improve our client service
* Can-do positive attitude
* Show initiative and the ability to prioritise
Are you a strong Legal Sec/Office Manager with previous PI/Clin Neg experience?
Then please apply below.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.