An 18 month maternity opportunity is available on the Dundee site. The Scientist position is an important role within the Core Bioanalysis &DMPK Team and will be focused on supporting non-regulatory and regulatory (GLP in vitro) bioanalytical and DMPK studies. It is envisaged that the successful incumbent will also be primarily responsible for the support of in vitro DMPK studies (regulatory and non-regulatory) and their subsequent analysis. Reporting to the Team Leader of Core Bioanalysis and DMPK and working closely with Quality Assurance, the role would ensure that work is executed to the highest scientific and regulatory standards. The successful incumbent will also be expected to work with the wider group, site and organisation to ensure that all studies can be delivered to the same exacting standards and within agreed timelines.
Main Duties to:
* Under direction of the Team Leader of Core Bioanalysis & DMPK primarily support the analysis of non-regulatory and regulatory (GLP in vitro) bioanalytical studies using LC-MS, LC-MS/MS, GC-MS, HPLC and GC techniques.
* Under direction of the Team Leader of Core Bioanalysis & DMPK support the analysis of non-regulatory and regulatory formulation analysis using LC-MS, LC-MS/MS, GC-MS, HPLC and GC techniques.
* When required, assist in the Study analysis of all bioanalytical and DMPK studies (regulatory and non-regulatory) performed within the Dundee site.
* When trained act as Study Director, Principal Investigator or Analytical Phase Manager (where appropriate) for regulatory studies (Bioanalysis and Formulation analysis).
* Assist in the development and validation of chromatographic methods (LC-MS, LC-MS/MS, GC-MS, HPLC and GC) for bioanalytical support of studies.
* Assist in the development and validation of chromatographic methods (LC-MS, LC-MS/MS, GC-MS, HPLC and GC) for formulation analysis.
* Contribute to scientific publications
* Operate in line with the company protocols and business strategy.
* Contribute to authoring and review of SOPs and other business process documents.
* Act as an ambassador for the business and in doing so proactively promoting the company brand and values both internally and externally.
* Comply with health and safety requirements of the site as stated within company policy, procedure and practice.
* Communicating effectively with colleagues throughout the business to share resources, technical knowledge and generally support all forms of business activity.
* Contribute to a culture of collaboration and team work.
* When required assist the Team Leader of Analytical Sciences and Lab Manager in organising all repairs, maintenance of laboratory equipment and facilities.
* Bachelor's degree in chemistry (or related discipline) essential.
* Higher degree (Master or Doctorate) in related discipline advantageous but not essential.
* Knowledge and experience of chromatographic and mass spectrometric techniques essential.
* Experience with Sciex equipment and Analyst software highly advantageous.
* Experience of supporting bioanalytical studies within regulatory (GLP) framework advantageous.
* Knowledge of alternative technologies such as ELISA highly advantageous.
* Knowledge of in vitro DMPK assays highly advantageous.
* Knowledge of market conditions, opportunities and competition desirable.
* Understanding of customer base and commercial awareness also desirable
* High-level interpersonal skills.
* Robust time management capability.
* 37.5 hours per week with flexibility required to meet the needs of the business.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.