Sales Manager Manchester £35,000 - £40,000 depending on experience.
We are looking for a Sales manager for one of Manchester's most famous hotels and a renowned leader in the hospitality industry. It has been woven into the fabric of Manchester for over 110 years, with exceptional service and memorable experiences at the heart of everything. Today, colleagues pride themselves on being innovative and inspirational, delivering the very best in five star luxury.
Job Title: Sales Manager
The Sales Manager will be involved from the selling process stage, and will convert enquiries into confirmed bookings with a keen attention to maximise revenue. The focus of the position will be to convert group and non-residential event enquiries and to drive up-selling within the department and across the hotel.
* Deal with telephone and e-mail events enquiries, ensuring a high percentage of lead conversion.
* Proactively seek additional business from existing clients.
* Protect relationships with existing clients, as well as identify opportunities to create relationships with new clients.
* Be responsible on following the process from a lead, proposal, site inspection into the contracting stage.
* Qualify opportunities to up sell various areas of the Hotel or/and food, beverages, audio visual which meet the client's needs and maximise revenues.
* Ensure that event revenue targets are met, monthly forecast and budget.
* Carry out site inspections of clients and potential clients, pre-booked or walk-ins.
* Attend in house familiarisation trips and events in order to promote the hotel facilities.
* Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximising productivity and employee morale.
* To be fully aware of any industry trends.
Your Knowledge & Capabilities:
* A confident & dynamic speaker, able to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of an organisation.
* Enthusiastic and positive personality with the ability to build trusting relationships with others.
* Proven organisational skills, works well on their own. Able to set and meet deadlines with quality results.
* Able to multi-task and work under pressure
* 2-3 years' experience in the hospitality industry ideally in hotels.
* Prior experience in sales and in the Manchester market is preferred. Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Knowledge of Opera S&C is an asset
What We Offer:
* Competitive Salary
* 31 paid holidays per annum inclusive of Bank Holidays
* Complimentary meals on duty
* Excellent training including career growth opportunities
* Fantastic employee dining discounts within outlets
* Destination rates and life assurance
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.