A major National Wealth Management firm based in the South West are looking for a Risk Analyst to join their small but busy team specialising in 2nd Line assurance of their products and propositions.
The Risk Analyst helps to ensure that the business is aware of and is suitably managing its risk. The role involves supporting and challenging senior managers across a range of divisions in the business on the risks in their area through risk relationship meetings and through the risk assessments and quarterly risk MI packs produced. The role supports the business in delivering on its strategy in a risk aware manner by identifying and managing its risks effectively.
- Collate risk related management information for submission to the Board, Board Risk Committee, Executive Board and various Executive Committees.
- Carry out the completion of risk assessments (operational and thematic assessments) and reverse stress testing processes to facilitate the effective identification, management and communication of key risks across the Group.
- Support the Risk Managers in conducting the cycle of risk relationship meetings with senior managers in each division of the business: Providing appropriate challenge to managers on the effectiveness of the risk management framework in their areas of responsibility, capturing and recording the relevant points of the meetings to enable further challenge and updates to divisional risk registers, and producing summaries detailing the key messages and themes from these meetings, escalating any issues where appropriate.
- Support each division of the business with developments to risk registers, providing second line oversight of divisional risk schedules.
- Collate, assess and challenge key risk data as part of producing the quarterly Key Risk Indicator's, seeking further information where necessary in order to identify issues or trends.
- Support the production of ICAAPs and Capital Adequacy assessments.
- Attend meetings, committees and project groups as appropriate to gain early insight into changing risk exposures within the Group or to provide updated on risk related matters.
- Attend relevant external briefings and events and communicate topics discussed at these groups.
- Develop relationships with key divisions, which contribute to the development of proposition and governance of it, within the Group to help foster a positive risk culture.
- Stand in for/Act as the secretary for various governance committees, collating papers, issuing committee packs and documenting and circulating minutes.
- A broad understanding of the entire Financial Services Industry with focus on Wealth Management is required for the role, preferably with investment management knowledge of unit trust and unit linked assets.
- Experience of risk management either in the first or second line and/or a good understanding of the three lines of defence model.
- Excellent Excel skills, ability to suitably manipulate data to produce and analyse MI.
- A good understanding of the quarterly Key Risk Indicator and Loss Event reporting process, underlying data and an understanding of how these metrics link to key risk management policies.
- Knowledge of developing and maintaining risk registers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Technical Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Enterprise Risk Management qualifications (working towards) or other similar professional qualifications.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.