Search Consultancy is working with a Greater Manchester based local authority to source a full-time Residential Homes Manager on an ongoing, temporary basis.
To be responsible for the home / s as 'Registered Manager' as laid out in the Children's Homes Regulations 2001 and National Minimum Standards. Be accountable for the day to day management of the residential establishment/s in accordance with the policy of the Local Authority and the Department's operational policies and the guidelines laid down by Ofsted.
- To provide a planned and safe environment which gives care, control and nurture, appropriate to maintaining and promoting the emotional and physical well - being of children and young people in accordance with Looked After Children arrangements ( LAC ) involving family members wherever possible.
- To ensure the physical aspects of any residential meets or exceeds the minimum standards as defined by the National Minimum Standards (NMS).
- To develop, implement, review and record LAC materials which have been formed with the Field Social Workers for each individual child or young person.
- To contribute to the development of Child Care Services and professional standards throughout the Department.
- To create and maintain contact and liaisons outside the establishment to further their purpose, e.g. schools and health services, family members, educational staff, Ofsted, Youth Offending Service ( YOS ) and other services within the department and elected members.
- To supervise and develop staff as individuals and as a team, to ensure that the Purpose and Function and management objectives of the home are met in line with Departmental policy and NMS and 'Every Child Matters' agenda.
- To write Team and Business Plans as required and monitor those plans.
- To write Action Plans as a response to Ofsted Inspections Reports and implement the actions arising from them.
- To be responsible for the appointment of Deputies and Residential Child Care Workers, in conjunction with the Head of Service.
- To appoint domestic staff.
- To allocate work and ensure it achieves departmental standards and NMS.
- To monitor and report to Ofsted those matters required under the NMS.
- To foster the professional development of all staff, to assess training needs, to provide 'in house' courses, to use external courses.
- To supervise, or organise the supervision of staff undertaking professional training, or students on placement.
- To act as an NVQ Assessor and / or Internal Verifier.
- To ensure that the home / s follows and maintains Departmental policy and NMS on the education of Children in Public Care.
- To be responsible for budgets delegated to the home / s, ensuring spending is within set limits.
- To take part in an Out of Hours 'On Call' System, providing support and advise to all children's homes and be a first point of contact for the Emergency Duty Team
Experience, Education, Special Qualifications and Training Requirements:
- DipSW / CSS / CQSW / or equivalent, NVQ4 Caring for Children, NVQ 4 Management, RMA-Leadership In Management Level 4 or any other Management Qualification recognised by Ofsted.
- Experience in residential social work and management
Please apply with your up to date cv and daytime contact number
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age