Residential Homes Manager
To be responsible for the home / s as 'Registered Manager' as laid out in the Children's Homes Regulations 2001 and National Minimum Standards.
Be accountable for the day to day management of the residential establishment/s in accordance with the policy of the Local Authority and the Department's operational policies and the guidelines laid down by Ofsted.
- To provide a planned and safe environment which gives care, control and nurture, appropriate to maintaining and promoting the emotional and physical well - being of children and young people in accordance with Looked After Children arrangements ( LAC ) involving family members wherever possible.
- To ensure the physical aspects of any residential meets or exceeds the minimum standards as defined by the National Minimum Standards (NMS).
- To develop, implement, review and record LAC materials which have been formed with the Field Social Workers for each individual child or young person.
- To contribute to the development of Child Care Services and professional standards throughout the Department.
- To create and maintain contact and liaisons outside the establishment to further their purpose, e.g. schools and health services, family members, educational staff, Ofsted, Youth Offending Service ( YOS ) and other services within the department and elected members.
- To write Action Plans as a response to Ofsted Inspections Reports and implement the actions arising from them.
- To be responsible for the appointment of Deputies and Residential Child Care Workers, in conjunction with the Head of Service.
- To appoint domestic staff.
- To allocate work and ensure it achieves departmental standards and NMS.
- To monitor and report to Ofsted those matters required under the NMS.
- To foster the professional development of all staff, to assess training needs, to provide 'in house' courses, to use external courses.
- To supervise, or organise the supervision of staff undertaking professional training, or students on placement.
- To act as an NVQ Assessor and / or Internal Verifier.
- To ensure that the home / s follows and maintains Departmental policy and NMS on the education of Children in Public Care.
- To be responsible for budgets delegated to the home / s, ensuring spending is within set limits.
- To take part in an Out of Hours 'On Call' System, providing support and advise to all children's homes and be a first point of contact for the Emergency Duty Team.
Experience, Education, Special Qualifications and Training Requirements
- DipSW / CSS / CQSW / or equivalent, NVQ4 Caring for Children, NVQ 4 Management, RMA-Leadership In Management Level 4 or any other Management Qualification recognised by Ofsted.
- Experience in residential social work and of working in a line management position.
Please apply with your up to date cv and a daytime contact number.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age