Rehabilitation Officer Visual Impairment
£14.30 - £16.16 per hour
Do you have experience as a Rehabilitation Officer Visual Impairment?
We are looking to recruit a Rehabilitation Officer Visual Impairment on a temporary basis. (22.2 hours per week).
Responsibilities of the role:
* To identify and deliver specialist rehabilitation interventions to visually impaired people to enhance their skills and confidence and maximise their independence.
* The post holder will support people at risk from harm or becoming dependent on others due to their sight loss.
* He/she will act as an advocate for visually impaired people and the Council by helping to promote accessible services, dignity, equality, social integration and understanding of the impact of sight/sensory loss.
* The role will involve working across a variety of service user groups including (but not exclusively), people with dual sensory loss, physical or learning disabilities, cognitive impairments or mental health conditions.
* To undertake specialist, person-centred, visual impairment assessments, in collaboration with the visually impaired person to identify their needs, aspirations and desired outcomes.
* To plan, implement, evaluate and review services to the visually impaired person aimed at maximising and maintaining independence, safety, dignity and choice. Rehabilitation may include, but not be restricted to: daily living activities; communication skills; mobility training; low vision training
To be considered for this role you must be:
* Eligible to work in the UK
Please call Madge on 0161 835 8772 for further details or email your CV to; email@example.com
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age