Regulatory Manager - Biocides
Manchester or West Yorkshire based
My client is a global leader in Chemical manufacture, they are recruiting for a Regulatory Manager who can be based at either their Manchester site, which is their major R&D centre for personal care products or their West Yorkshire site, which is their major R&D centre for Wood Preservation products.
The successful candidate will manage regulatory activities related to the active substance and product portfolio's of the Wood Preservation business as well as providing regulatory and registration support to both internal and external customers.
Responsibilities of the Regulatory Manager include:
* Provide regulatory guidance to the EMEA business team and functions as well as to help identify opportunities and respond to regulatory developments.
* Work closely with the EMEA commercial team, technical team and the Senior Regulatory Manager and will be responsible for developing and executing product specific registration and authorisation strategies.
* Manage regulatory dossiers, working with internal and external experts and consultants as well as negotiating with national and regional governmental authorities.
* May act as the regulatory lead for assigned active substances.
The ideal candidate for the Regulatory Manager will need:
* a BSc/MSc/PhD or equivalent in a Scientific subject ideally Life Sciences or Chemistry based
* Significant experience in regulatory affairs for biocides, ideally, including regulatory affairs for wood preservatives or closely related area.
* Excellent working knowledge of the EU regulatory framework for biocides
* Preferably, some knowledge of allied regulations (REACH, CLP, plant protection, prior informed consent etc.).
* Preferably, a good understanding of chemistry, efficacy, toxicology, ecotoxicology or environmental fate studies in relation to biocidal products
* Preferably, a working knowledge of relevant risk assessment methodologies and/or a technical understanding of wood preservation
If you have a strong background in Regulatory Affairs within Biocides then please apply now!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.