Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Evette van Est
Evette van Est
Registrations Decisions Manager
£37,000 - £41,000
Great opportunity for someone with strong leadership skills to provide effective and inclusive management and leadership to a team. Previous experience within a large Regulatory body, is desirable for this role!
To manage and support the decision-making functions of the Registration Investigation Team who undertake timely investigations of enquiries and applications for registration which fall outside the applications teams' standard processes and procedures.
To work closely with the Registration Investigation Manager in overseeing the work of the team and outcomes of registration applications and enquiries, including the running of Registration Panels and defending appeals.
To work with the Head of Section on the strategic issues of service delivery and quality.
Oversight of decision-making functions
1. To work closely with the Registration Investigations Manager to ensure appropriate management and timeliness of enquiries and applications being handled by the team.
2. To act as a senior decision-maker, as well as overseeing the decision-making functions of the Registration Investigation Team decision-makers. Ensuring robust, safe, well-reasoned and proportionate decisions are made in relation to complex, high profile and high-risk applications, in line with guidance.
3. To oversee the defending of decisions made by the team if they are appealed at Registration Appeal Panels or county court. Maybe required to act as Registration Lead RPs and at written and oral RAPs.
4. Work collaboratively with other staff including In House Legal team and external legal counsel to identify the evidence required to make a substantive decision.
5. Work closely with the Registration Panel Coordinator to oversee the smooth running and functioning of Registration Panels.
6. Be involved in the development and delivery of training related to decision-making for staff within the Registration and Revalidation Directorate, In-House Legal team (IHLT), RP and RAP Panellists.
Management and development of areas of technical expertise in the team
7. Leading in identifying high profile areas of expertise and, where appropriate, assisting in training colleagues across the business.
8. Oversee the reviewing and maintenance of the team's documentation and procedures.
9. Manage the development of expertise across the pool of decision makers in identified areas in the team, and in the legislation, rules and procedures relating to registration decisions.
10. Lead regular directorate wide Assistant Registrar meetings in order to share knowledge and information, as well as contributing to workshops and project work to improve processes and policy.
Stakeholder relationship management
11. Co-ordinating with other teams within the business, sharing relevant information on stakeholders, contributing to common areas for development and proactively ensuring no duplication of work.
12. Develop and maintain relationships with relevant associates such as Registration Panel members, and external stakeholders such as legal counsel, refugee support organisations and FTP leads to medical schools.
13. Work closely with the policy team on changes affecting areas of decision making and the guidance for decision makers.
14. Providing expert advice and guidance to associates on the specific details of complex cases, as well as on matters of legislation, policy and guidance at Registration Panel meetings.
15. Representing the team and the business at meetings.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.