Regional Training and Development Manager
Location: West Yorkshire / North East
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 + Car + benefits
My client is European business employing over 60,000 people across 14 countries. As regional Training and Development Manager for Yorkshire and the North East, you will work closely with the Regional HR Director to coordinate all training and development throughout the region. The business employs drivers, so ideally an understanding of the transport/logistics or haulage industry would be desirable, but not essential.
As well as being able to proactively identify training and development needs within the organisation, you will design and expand training & development programmes based on the needs of the organisation. Specific needs include: CPC training for drivers and Engineers, and customer care training for all employees.
Role Responsibilities include:
* To lead and manage the 4 driver training academies on a day to day basis whilst regularly evaluating and improving all training processes and programmes to ensure that training is always 'fresh' and fit for purpose.
* Collate and provide statistics in relation to NVQ and BTEC training and for JAUPT / DSA in relation to CPC training.
* Responsible for advising managers regarding training & development issues, including the most appropriate and cost-effective ways to meet training needs
* Oversee the all delivery programmes including management and development of all driver trainers, CPC compliance/delivery and H&S.
* Development and delivery of an annual training plan - will include delivery of training sessions. Design and expand training & development programmes based on the needs of the organisation
* Develop accurate budgets and forecasts. Continuously monitor training spend and take action to address variances
* Establishing working relationships with the Engineering Team will be essential, as will your strong focus and commitment with on-boarding and mentoring of engineering apprentices, and help with reviewing their progress and development through the apprentice programme and beyond. This including focusing on business succession plans.
* Consider and arrange appropriate development and training of managers, supervisors and admin staff following performance reviews, and in conjunction with personal development plans
* Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of training to ensure a return on investment
* Corporate social responsibility - uphold, safeguard and promote the reputation and values of the organisation throughout all internal and external business relationships and activities
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Training Manager with relevant L&D qualifications. The successful candidate will have previous experience of:
* Working in a 'hands-on' training role together with demonstrable managerial experience
* Solid, demonstrable experience of leading teams in a demanding, fast paced environment that focusses on service delivery
* Strong 'people' skills and an ability to forge excellent working relationships with a wide range of internal/external stakeholders
* Excellent understanding and effective management of Health and Safety
* Strong track record of hitting targets and introducing new and improved ways of working
* Well-developed organisational, negotiating, decision- making and analytical skills.
* Strong track record of managing/delivering budgets
* Proficient IT Skills and ability to use metrics to demonstrate ROI
* Previous experience of working in the transport/ haulage/ logistics industry within a unionised environment is desirable.
* PCV/CPC Training knowledge is desirable, but not essential
If this sounds like the next challenge you need in your career, please click the apply button today. Alternatively to register your interest for this or similar opportunities, please contact us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0113 308 8071.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.