Long established and high quality national financial planning advice and investment business are seeking to add an experienced financial services compliance professional to their established regional compliance team
The role reports to the Principal Regional Compliance Manager and provides compliance support within a the London and South region of the firm, predominantly in respect of the regulatory T&C Supervision monitoring and compliance support. Additional core responsibility is to maintain and monitor compliance/regulation in respect of the internal business to ensure FCA Regulatory requirements are being met.
Summary of the role
* Support the Compliance Team and provides Compliance support, predominantly in respect of the regulatory T&C Supervision monitoring and compliance support to the advisers Managing Directors (MD) and Practice Directors (PD)
* Maintain and monitoring Compliance wherever appropriate in respect of the internal business. By conducting regular reviews of Advisers, MD and PD, to ensure FCA Regulatory requirements are being met within the business.
* The effective management, supervision and mentoring of a team to ensure all direct reports are motivated to achieve their own and the company's objectives and to, where applicable, arrange and/or carry out training where skill deficiencies are identified.
* Supporting the Principal Regional Compliance Manager within the regional offices, to ensure the Compliance Team process and procedures are followed and maintained.
* Build relationships with Business and Legal Compliance & Risk colleagues. Support the Central Compliance monitoring plan. Prepare for regulatory change by identifying potential effects and support the business in the development and implementation of compliant solutions.
* Support HR on Recruitment issues on Adviser Induction. Ensure Implementation of any new process is in Line with FCA T.C. process and procedures, including SMCR requirements.
* Review MI and Monitoring Diary to ensure all advisers are competent via regular 1:1s where by Licence, Competence, SPS and CPD will be reviewed. Conduct further training for Advisers and Supervisors where required and report on findings.
* Support advisers in the completion of CPD and in in renewing Statements of Professional Standing and Review internal licences
* Demonstrate adherence to Training & Competence scheme (incl. Induction Courses for Practice staff)
* Mitigating risk by highlighting potential Compliance, T&C and FCA breaches to senior management as appropriate
Regulatory Responsibilities (Compliance/T&C)
* Maintain awareness of Regulatory developments which may have an impact on the business
* Identify any issues which may adversely affect the business, escalate as and when necessary
* Develop a solid working knowledge of all FCA regulated product ranges, FCA Principles and Rules.
* In conjunction with File Review outcomes and other key KPI identify key areas for development within the Business for Advice Management and Advisers then to take steps to help address any knowledge and skill shortfalls.
* Audit the maintenance, of Advice Management and Adviser T&C records as required.
* Identify any changes required to administrative and business process matters arising from Business policy decisions / initiatives and Regulatory requirements and liaise with the File Review Team to ensure changes are implemented.
Qualifications and Skills required
* Diploma status level 4 in Financial Planning or minimum of FPC or CFP equivalent and working towards diploma level.
* Good working knowledge of FCA Principles and Rules
* Able to demonstrate an understanding of compliance within regulatory framework relevant to the role, whilst practising effective risk management taking account of outcomes for clients.
* Time spent in role within Financial Services Industry
* Demonstrable experience of T&C regime and implementation
* Computer Literate including use of PowerPoint
* Flexibility with hours to support field based advisers
* Strong work ethic with a commitment to continuous personal development
* Excellent organisational and time management capabilities, able to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines under pressure
* Strong and proven problem solving and reporting skills
* Attention to detail and able to interpret regulations and apply them
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Discretionary Annual Bonus
* Pension - Group Stakeholder Pension Plan; 5.3% employee and 10% employer contribution
* Life assurance - 4 times annual salary
* Private Medical Insurance
* Annual Leave - minimum of 25 days as standard with the opportunity to buy up to 5 days' additional annual leave every March
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.