Job: Recovery Worker
Location : North Shields
Salary: £17,943 to £18,480
I am currently looking for a Recovery Worker ,who will help provide vital support to people with mental health needs in a supported housing setting, and in the community. The service is a Therapeutic Community and is staffed 24 hours daily.
This Service provides practical and emotional support, and also includes one to one support, group work and psychotherapy to adults with Mental Health Needs.
Duties would include:
* Acting as a key worker to allocated service users ensuring they have an up-to-date and complete support plans
* Planning and delivering group work activities with Service Users
* Providing sleep in and weekend cover
* Advising on tenancy issues, welfare benefits, financial and budgeting matters
* Provide housing related support to the tenants, enabling them to move on to lead independent lives in the community
* Making sure clients are referred to appropriate agencies for advice and counselling
You would be required to :
* A track record in Mental Health or related field
* Experience or knowledge of working with people with Personality Disorders
* Experience of supporting and engaging service users in a range of developmental, rehabilitative and community activities
* Admin experience, with the proven ability to maintain up-to-date records and systems
* Capacity to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and Sleep ins
Other Benefits :
* 25 day's holiday per year
* Contributory pension scheme
* Employee assistance program
* Childcare vouchers
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.