Receptionist - Chelmsford - £10ph
Sept Temp Assignment - 12/09/2019 - 20/09/2019
Hours: 8am to 5pm, 1 hour lunch / 40 hours per week
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Answering the switchboard in an efficient and professional manner, within a target of 5 rings
* Callers are to be announced when put through the relevant extension, with messages to be taken if the call cannot be taken at that time. All messages to have time, date, caller's name company, contact no and reason for call, if appropriate. Messages must be passed to the recipient promptly.
* Greeting visitors ensuring all names and details are logged and recorded in the visitor's book on reception and notifying the appropriate EFS member of staff. All visitors must have appointments and be accompanied at all times.
* Assist with maintaining the Premier House telephone extension list and ensuring all appropriate staff are provided with an up to date copy.
* To update notice boards with internal announcements and current vacancies. To ensure all notice boards are kept tidy.
* To project a professional and positive image at all times to both internal and external customers.
* To ensure that security processes regarding the access of staff and visitors into Premier House are adhered to.
* To assist with the distribution of incoming faxes, particularly those marked urgent, and notification to relevant person on receipt to reception.
* To keep a close view of the Premier House car park and advise members of staff or visitors if they have parked inappropriately.
* To provide back up cover for the Post Room in periods of absence or sickness.
* To assist with meeting room bookings, ordering refreshments and making tea and coffee, when required.
* To oversee the buildings archive storage room and ensure it is kept tidy. To oversee the buildings archive log and liaise with departments to ensure archiving is carried out on a regular basis.
* To ensure company Brochures are at hand within the Reception area.
* To assist Management Assistant with ad hoc duties for Premier House.
* To provide back-up administration support as and when required.
* To uphold and promote the good name of the business at all times.
* To operate a clear desk policy and be responsible for general tidiness and housekeeping within the Reception area.
* To develop an understanding of systems in order to improve personal contribution to the company and all staff interacted with.
* To carry out as requested any other office duties, which are normal custom and practice.
What you'll need:
* Excellent telephone manner
* Good communication skills
* Smart, presentable appearance
* Use of own initiative
* Personable, approachable and able to work as part of a team
* Extensive reception experience
* Good switchboard skills
* Well organised with the ability to prioritise
* Good IT skills including Word, Excel and Lotus Notes
What you'll receive:
* A placement within a well know, well established business
* Competitive Salary
* Accrued Holiday pay
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age