£24,000 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for 2 x R&D Microbiologists to join a diagnostics company, who specialise in delivering microbiological diagnostic products for clinical, industrial and veterinary testing.
The responsibilities of the R&D Microbiologist role:
* Carry out existing product and new product development activities as agreed under the general supervision of the Senior R&D Scientist.
* To be responsible for performing scientific and documentary activities related to regulatory requirements e.g. European IVDD and IVDR, to the agreed scientific and regulatory standards and promptly reporting deviations.
* Conduct literature reviews related to investigations being undertaken, conducting and, where necessary, enhancing experimental design, carrying out research studies, analysis of experimental data, reporting of studies in the form of a written report as per laboratory standards and ensuring raw materials are available as required for investigative studies.
* Carry out Microbiological Validation studies
* Supporting senior staff to provide a high standard of technical service and support including the investigation of customer complaints, production problems and assistance with validation studies.
The successful candidate for the R&D Microbiologist role will have:
* BSc Honours in Microbiology/Biochemistry/Biomedical Science or appropriate science with documented route to state registration approved by the Institute of Biomedical Science
* Good understanding of QA, GMP, IVD Directive and ISO9001:2000 guidelines.
* Publication of laboratory work in peer reviewed journal.
* Previous laboratory work experience
* Work in research or method validation environment.
If you are an experienced Microbiologist with experience in industry or an NHS laboratory then please apply now!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.