Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
almost 2 years ago
UK TOP 10 SUB CONTRACTOR
The role is for one of the south-east's most well known specialist sub contractors. With a successful trading history of over 30 years and a secure project pipeline they are involved in some of the UK's most notable projects. Their ethos is based on the investment and development of their workforce, ensuring that teams function cohesively and endorse a positive work culture; resulting in them receiving numerous industry accolades and being certified as a top 10 sub contractor in the UK.
They are expanding their surveying department owing to the acquisition of new projects and are looking to meet a Quantity Surveyor who possesses strong surveying and management experience within the internal fit-out sector. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will be based at their project locations Sussex working closely with the relevant business units, managing commercial aspects of specific projects and driving financial results you will also be involved in nurturing future talent by developing more junior surveyors.
* To effectively communicate and build relationships with key clients, site supervisors, project/contract managers, operatives, surveyors, payroll and other head office staff on all aspects of Quantity Surveying on assigned projects to mitigate risk and maintain agreed margins.
* Work with other Surveyors to share your knowledge and expertise, acting as a mentor to less experienced team members.
* Liaise with Site Management and co-produce monthly reporting for specific projects.
* Work on claims and entitlements as required.
* Always focus on health and safety, according to Company procedures.
* Previous experience working in a Senior Surveyor role for a sub contractor
* Experience of working for a specialist internal fit-out company, ideally a subcontractor.
* Current holder or working towards a relevant qualification such as BSc in Quantity Surveying, or equivalent qualification and/or experience.
* IT skills including all Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
* Valid and applicable CSCS card.
* RICS accredited or working towards.
* Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
On offer is a competitive salary & benefits package with a company that continually invest in their workforce. If you feel that this role suits you skillset and ambitions then please apply.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.