QUANTITY SURVEYOR / SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR
JOIN A LEADING MAIN CONTRACTOR
UP TO £65K +PACKAGE
With a 30+ year successful trading history this contractor has grown from a small family-run fit-out & refurbishment contractor to a multidiscipline construction company.
Due to winning a number of projects they are looking to grow and develop their commercial team and they have a clear line of sight to future expansion. The company prides itself on quality both in the delivery and standard of its build projects but also in the relationships it forms both internally and externally with clients and suppliers. This has won repeat business and a strong and loyal supply chain.
They are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor to the team. Reporting to a highly experienced and personable Commercial Director, you will manage 3-4 projects simultaneously with project values up to £5M. The company is committed to personal development and you will be supported with training as required to succeed in the role and in taking your career to the next level, potentially to leading the Commercial team
Key Duties & responsibilities for this role include:
* To develop close and effective working relationships with clients and supply chain partners
* To be commercially agile and provide commercial information and solutions that accurately meet the client expectations.
* Be closely involved in the planning process to ensure that all works are carried out with maximum efficiency.
* To identify, prepare, submit and agree early warning notices and compensation events as required under NEC contract, ensuring any changes to original quotations are factored in.
* To maintain order book turnover and gross margin projections, working closely with the Commercial Director about ongoing commercial activity and reporting.
* To regularly review aged debt and manage outstanding retentions to ensure timely cash flow
You should possess the following:
* Relevant degree in Quantity Surveying, equivalent qualification or work experience.
* Excellent communication skills to liaise daily with other team members, clients and suppliers.
* The ability to work independently, using your own initiative to solve problems and be solution focussed.
* Good IT skills
* Full driving licence.
If you have a clear career path to date and want this to continue in a company committed to your development both on a professional and personal basis where your commercial skill, work ethic and results will be recognised and will lead to further opportunity within the company then we would welcome your application.
Or to find out more about this position or others we have and to have a confidential conversation about your career please contact us.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.