ESTABLISHED REGIONAL MAIN CONTRACTOR
After successfully trading for only a short amount of time, this Regional Main Contractor who operate throughout Surrey & Sussex have already developed in to a multi-million pound business. After recently securing a diverse range of interesting and exciting projects over the next couple of years, they have a strong pipeline of secured work and are continuing to grow their team, with a clear line of sight to future expansion. The company prides itself on quality, both in the delivery and standard of its build projects but also in the relationships it forms both internally and externally with clients and suppliers. Their inclusive culture is diverse and encourages the development of their own workforce through continuous training and investment.
Now requiring the skills of a Quantity Surveyor to join the commercial team, you will report to the Senior Surveyor and will be based on one large project or multiple smaller projects simultaneously. The role is autonomous but the company will of course provide you with the training and upskilling necessary to succeed in the role, with a view to develop you into a Senior Quantity Surveyor in the future as the Quantity Surveyor will receive the mentoring of a highly experienced Commercial Manager. You must possess a main contractor background and be able to function effectively on your own initiative.
Key Duties & responsibilities for this role include:
* Form close working relationships with our clients to identify their precise requirements and ensure that pricing schedules allow for the delivery of projects that accurately meet their expectations.
* Undertake site visits in order to understand the full scope of the works.
* Be involved in the planning process to ensure that all works are carried out to the maximum efficiency.
* Identify, prepare, submit and agree early warning notices and compensation events as required under NEC contract to ensure that any changes to original quotations are factored in.
* Maintain order book turnover and gross margin projections at all times, and liaise with the Senior Quantity Surveyor about ongoing activity.
* Review aged debt on a regular basis and manage outstanding retentions to ensure the business receives its cash from customers on a timely basis.
You should possess the following:
* Relevant degree in Quantity Surveying or significant work experience.
* Internal/External sub contractor industry experience
* Excellent communication skills to liaise on a daily basis with other team members, clients and suppliers.
* Demonstrable ability to work alone and use own initiative to solve problems and complete daily tasks.
* Possess strong IT skills
* Full driving licence.
This role will be attractive to you if you have a clear career path to date and want this to continue in a company committed to your development both on a professional and personal basis where your commercial skill, work ethic and results will be recognised and will lead to further opportunity within the company
To apply for this role please send your latest CV. Or to find out more about this position and have a confidential conversation about your career please apply today.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.