TIER 2 MAIN CONTRACTOR
HIGHWAYS & ROADS XP
With a 30+ year successful trading history this Main Contractor has grown from a small regional contractor to multi-million pound business operating across the south-east. With a strong pipeline of secured work the business is continuing to grow and has a clear line of sight to future expansion. The company prides itself on quality, both in the delivery and standard of its build projects but also in the relationships it forms both internally and externally with clients, sub contractors and suppliers.
The company undertakes a broad range of projects including commercial, retail and leisure, industrial and logistics and residential. More recently they have consistently proved their capability in the successful delivery of technically challenging projects often in constrained city centres.
The role is for a Quantity Surveyor to join the project team taking commercial responsibility for a significant development scheme in Southall. You will possess highways and roads expereince, with a view to develop your skillset and progress you in to a Senior Quantity Surveyor.
Key duties & responsibilities for this role include:
* Prepares and monitors the project Commercial Plan, Workload/Cashflow with the Project Team.
* Assesses any opportunity/risk which has arisen or might arise and which could affect the
business/project. Implements actions to minimise/eradicate risk or enhance/increase
* Negotiate with Client's representatives and other consultants on all matters within realm of
expertise. Where issues are outside of Commercial field, able to understand and succinctly
provide input to wider team to enable resolution.
* Effectively represents the company's interests in meetings and via any other methods of
* Ensures all appointed Sub-Contractors are part of company's supply chain and accord with
company's Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
* Fully understands the Main Contract procedures and conditions of the scheme & communicates
the main provisions to Commercial and wider project teams.
* Ability to analyse, respond and resolve sub-contractors EoT/L&E claims.
* All Quantity Surveying duties including measurement, valuation and agreement of work
* Monitors progress on site, including sub-contractors progress is to programme.
* Ensures all information is received and compiled for the as-built and maintenance files in
accordance with the Contract.
You should be able to demonstrate the following:
* Appropriate professional qualifications and/or equivalent degree in surveying
* A track record of completing mixed-use schemes consisting of apartments & commercial space
* Experience of working on significant highways and roads projects
* A thorough understanding of technical detailing, tendering process and building regulations
* You ability to establish and grow strong and successful relationships with project, technical and construction teams
This role will be attractive to you if you have a clear career path to date and want this to continue in a company committed to your development both on a professional and personal basis where your commercial skill, work ethic and results will be recognised and will lead to further opportunity within the company
To apply for this role please send your latest CV. Or to find out more about this position and have a confidential conversation about your career please apply today.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.