We are working with an up and coming, family run, Groundworks / Hard Landscaping firm in Leeds who, due to continuous expansion, are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor with approximately 3-5 years' experience.
The main purpose of the role is to support the operations team on various projects around the Yorkshire area. Applicants' attitude will be the most important attribute, so if you have the desire to 'go the extra mile' in this company your efforts will be both recognised and rewarded.
Key responsibilities of the role have been defined as:
* Assist with estimating and cost planning
* Day to day duties to support the Operations team working on Tier 1 Main Contractor Works
* Prepare interim valuations for approval
* Assist with contract administration and cost control
* Support and assist the procurement process materials & subcontract
* Preparing final accounts
* Attend site and commercial meetings as required
* Assist with project planning
* Site visits and production of quotations based on client requirements.
* Monitoring and chasing payments of Commercial works
* Strong work ethic
* Methodical approach
* At least HNC level qualified
* Full UK driving licence
* Skilled in valuing stage payments & concluding Final Accounts
* Good planning & personal skills, well organised & able to communicate well working both independently with little supervision, as a team and with third parties
* A willingness to contribute to the development of the business
Working alongside the company Estimator you will be have the opportunity to develop your skillset within a very supportive environment. You will also be able to grow as the company grows which could lead you in a very strong position with regards to career development over time.
For more information please call James Ranson on 0113 308 8075
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.