Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
about 2 months ago
Our client is a leading contractor, specialising in the commercial Roofing and Cladding sector, delivering projects from £100K - £10M in all major industrial and commercial sectors.
Being a long established business with strong ties both with blue chip main contractors and direct clients they have consistently grown to a T/O in excess of £25m P/A and with a long pipeline of projects ahead this path will continue into the future.
An opportunity exists for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join the commercial team in a role based out of the Glasgow office.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager the Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for:
* Managing projects allocated to you by the Commercial Manager
* Attending handover meetings
* Compliance with Contract Conditions and liaison with Operational Team
* Preparation of budgets for job based tender figures
* Liaising with Procurement, Contracts & Subcontractors throughout the project
* Prepare and manage all budget in line with the specification and conditions
* Prepare monthly valuations and ensure payments are made on time
* Monitor payments to Supply Chain
* Preparing cost reports for discussion with the Project Team and presentation to Senior Management Team
* Sign off Invoices in accordance with agreed budgets
* Prepare and agree final accounts.
To be considered you will be a qualified Q.S who can demonstrate commercial control of projects from tender to completion . You may have experience gained within a specialist sub contractor, main contractor or both, but you will need to demonstrate commercial management of high value projects and show a steady employment history. You will also need:
* Detailed knowledge of Excel & Word
* High attention to detail
* Excellent Commercial Acumen - able to spot risk and opportunity in contracts
* Strong written & verbal communication
* Sound general knowledge of contracts
* The ability to manage your own workload
The successful individual will be joining a great employer with a real focus on people, you will also benefit from a generous remuneration and excellent career development opportunities.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.