Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
car/ allowance + Bens
2 months ago
Our client is an established yet growing specialist contractor looking to shore up their commercial function with a key appointment .
The Q.S must have relevant experience working within the civil engineering and infrastructure sector on projects up to £2M in value , you will demonstrate solid knowledge of working on projects within Groundworks, Highways Infrastructure and ideally Residential infrastructure from either a sub contracting or principal contracting perspective.
* Procurement of specialist sub contractors
* Scoping packages, quantifying works, collating enquiry documentation, issuing tender enquiries, analysing tenders including documenting queries.
* Produce final subcontract tender comparison/analysis for presentation to the Contracts Director.
* Identification of Risk and Opportunities for main tender and sub-contract packages
* Ensure liabilities entered onto in house systems within required deadlines.
Managing and administering payment applications on a timely basis
* Carry out monthly valuations along with the production of Value/Cost reconciliations (CVR's)
* Implement commercial procedures and reporting to ensure compliance with company and contract requirements.
* Ensure appropriate commercial records are maintained in line with the company and contract requirements.
* Ensure familiarity with company Safety and Environmental policies and comply with employee responsibilities.
What type of person are we looking for:
* Team orientated, enthusiastic, willing to learn and develop within a fast-moving department
* Good level of interpersonal skills, able to negotiate and communicate up and down the supply chain
* IT literate
* Self-motivated and able to plan and organise effectively to meet tight timescales.
* Analytic, numerate, and able to undertake the basic principles of Quantity Surveying.
* Resilient in the face of challenging situations and deadlines
* Manages time effectively to ensure that deadlines are met
What will you need :
* Qualification in Quantity Surveying or Civil engineering (Min HND or equivalent)
* Demonstrable experience in similar roles (Min 3 Years post grad / qualification)
* Secure, stable employment history within the sector
* Be located within daily commutable distance of Penrith area
* Full UK Driving License
The successful candidate will be joining an established business with plans to grow and diversify going forward and will benefit from excellent remuneration and opportunity to develop.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.