COMPETITIVE BASIC SALARY & BENEFITS PACKAGE
DEVELOP YOUR CAREER IN A TIER 1 MAIN CONTRACTOR
This position for a Quantity Surveyor joins the building division of a global group. With a heritage dating back over 100 years and a strong and very successful trading history the group now consists of specialist construction, civil engineering and FM divisions.
The building division has a national footprint and operates from key locations throughout England and Wales. They deliver new build, refurbishment and fit-out projects across key sectors including commercial, industrial, retail, education and mixed use developments. They work across private and public sector and have been successful on a number of Framework agreements where they have built long term strategic partnerships with clients, suppliers and across the supply chain. This has delivered significant financial success, security and a clear, long term line of sight to future growth.
This role joins an established commercial team where you will undertake a full range of quantity surveying duties ensuring the financial success of projects
Key Responsibilities include:
- To be an ambassador for the commercial team, working closely with colleagues, clients suppliers and across the supply chain to deliver a highly valued service placed at the heart of the project team
- To develop a high level of understanding of planning, programming and works order tracking to ensure accurate progress reporting
- To understand the project measures and performance criteria, influencing the performance of suppliers and teams against these metrics.
- To produce accounts, forecasts and management information, monitoring costs and resources to ensure the project meets or exceeds target
- To prepare valuations, variations and invoice submissions and payments through to account settlement
- To identify and manage risk in projects, identifying and proposing actions to mitigate risk
- To develop and thorough understanding of contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes relating to contracts.
This is a company committed to your development both on a professional and personal basis where your commercial skill, work ethic, attitude and results will be recognised and will lead to further opportunity within the company
To apply for this role please send your latest CV. Or to find out more about this position and have a confidential conversation about your career please apply today
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.