Quantity Surveyor & Estimator - National Main Contractor - North West
We are currently recruiting for a specialist Quantity Surveyor with experience in Estimating to join one of the best know main contractors in the North West.
You will be joining a special projects division of the business working on small specialist projects including refurbishments, painting and small extensions. The company have a well established team and a strong client base across the North West.
The role will see you take the next step in your career working on a multiple of projects ranging in value from £50,000 up-to £2 Million. You will have the support of a Commercial Manager and a Senior Quantity Surveyor working with you to help deliver the commercial aspects of this vital part of this large national business.
The company have well over 60 years of history and a solid grasp of the market with a healthy order book for 2020 and beyond.
We are looking for someone who has experience working on a range of refurbishment projects ranging in value from £50,000 up-to £2 Million and has worked on them from tender to completion. You should also have a good understanding of the estimating aspects of a project.
The role and responsibilities will include:
* Ensuring that contract costs are monitored, controlled and regularly reviewed against agreed budgets.
* Advise and assist in the preparation of interim valuations and final accounts
* Cost information will be accurately communicated through monthly reports to operational leadership teams and you will prepare business plan updates and provide valuable input into financial reviews
* Provide motivational leadership to the commercial team (including direct reports), working to inspire them and maximise the potential of individuals.
The client requires candidates with the following experience:
* Experienced, enthusiastic Quantity Surveyor with desire and hunger to succeed
* Knowledge of different forms of contract
* Knowledge of estimating
If this sounds like it might be the role for yourself and you are up for the challenge please send your CV ASAP.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.